Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 56

    Day 56 - West Coast National Park

    May 10, 2022 in South Africa ⋅ ⛅ 17 °C

    After Trevor's workout on Monday morning, I didn't feel the running thing this morning (Tuesday).

    Rina, Karen and I sneaked off for a late breakfast down at the Langebaan Yacht Club, only a stone throw away, whilst Trevor attended to other commitments.

    A leisurely drive through the West Coast National Park was really beautiful, with stunning views of the lagoon, severely contrasting with the dry, not quite winter West Coast style Fynbos. The almost dead brown and very harsh West Coast bushes, against a pallet of all the blues and turquoises of the Lagoon almost just doesn't make sense, but does. No Nikon, no Samsung and certainly no iPhone tells the truth! 🤔Just like Addo, this National Park boasts Eland, Gemsbok, Mountain Zebra bla, bla, bla... but doesn't! We must really be loosing our ranging touch. One Cape Gray Mongoose, one tortoise, one Ostrich, a hand full of Francolin and one live Mole Snake, basking in the middle of the road, alive! Another Cape Tall Story!Right?

    Karen went to Woolies Foods while I attended to some caravan issues and kept Rina company, until Trevor got back.

    Tonight is Sushi Special night, so let's get it on/in!😜 It would appear that there are various 'specials' at Club Mykonos every evening, and Tuesday night is Sushi night!!!

    Once again thank you to Trevor and Rina for your friendship and kindness. You have provided us 'home-from-home' hospitality, and then some! We have loved every moment being with you both, as we enter can you believe it... the last third of our fantastic journey and our country. From here, for the next 6 odd weeks, we don't know anybody so, no 'specials' ahead for us!

    Love, Peace and Light!
    M&K
    👍💐
    Read more