Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 25

    Le Tour de France

    July 11, 2017 in France ⋅ ☁️ 21 °C

    We did a short walk to town to check out the Tour de France set up and the souvenirs. Breakfast was our favorite croissants!! We hung the sign from the balcony - "Go Richie". We also hung all the flowers we'd made on the balconies.
    The first excitement for the day was the parade of caravans coming through town. It was lots of fun! There was big floats and vans playing loud music and throwing out free things (junk). We tried to catch as much as we could.
    Lunch was another feast of fresh baguettes, cheeses, salamis, mussels and nachos.
    There was a lot of excitement with helicopters flying overhead and then the race came through. We all stood on the balcony with our sign up, madly waving at the helicopter. After we ran down and saw the last of the support cars pass through.
    Dad and Greg went and cut down some of the Tour de France signs. We looked back at the television footage and saw that we had made it on the TV! We also heard from people back in Melbourne that they saw us waving. It was very exciting for us all!
    We had a feast of ribs and vegetables for dinner! We sat in the sitting room and did the quiz before heading to bed.
    Read more