Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 6

    Williamsburg - Roanoake

    June 13, 2022 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 31 °C

    Today was a driving day and breakfast was a banana and a lemon pie (dad had cherry) at a truck stop before we drove 2 more hours to Williamsburg.
    It was a quaint little olde wordly town that was like a museum. The sun was beating down on us at a burning 33 degrees. After a good walk round we were dying for a drink but luckily they had 21st century coffee shops and I got a lovely iced coffee to cool me down.
    Next it was back on the coach for a ferry crossing then another two hour drive. The exciting thing was the next stop was a Wal-Mart. Unfortunately we only got 20 mins here, but I ran round the food aisles as fast as my little legs could take me grabbing things for lunch and a couple of snacks.
    The grapes were sweet and juicy and paired nicely with the cracker crunchers, the pringles were a big hit with both me and Dad and I hope one day they sell them in England.
    .
    Another two/three hours later we rolled into Roanoake and got settled in at the Holiday Inn. Luckily the room had a fridge because all our chocolate snacks had well melted.
    We head out to find somewhere for tea, I'd noticed a panda express on the way up and suggested it to Dad while hoping their was seating inside. We went into a couple of shops along the way and then got to Panda Express. We were in luck with plenty of seats inside. I went for a bowl with half chow mein, half veg topped with Kung Pao Chicken ($7.50). Dad went for a plate with half chow mein, half fried rice with Kung Pao Chicken and Honey Sesame Chicken ($9.00). It was amazing, Dad said it was his favourite meal of the holiday so far. It was so reasonably priced too, we both agreed that if they had this chain at home we'd both get takeaways here regularly (especially as they do drive thru!)
    Read more