Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 108

    Cusco

    June 25, 2019 in Peru ⋅ ⛅ 19 °C

    Mein erster richtiger Stopp in Peru ist Cusco im Südosten Perus. Cusco war die Hauptstadt der Inka und ist heute der Ausgangspunkt für Touren nach Machu Picchu. Anstelle der früheren Tempel und Paläste stehen hier heute Kirchen und Kathedralen. Überreste der alten Inka Bauten sind allerdings noch immer überall in der Stadt (Mauern, Straßen und Kirchenanlagen) zu bestaunen und über der Stadt thront neben einer weißen Christusstatue die gut restaurierte Inka Festung Saqsaywaman.
    Ich hatte das Glück den 24.6 in Cusco zu verbringen. An diesem Tag wird hier das Inti Raymi Festival (Fest der Sonne) gefeiert. Zu dem früher wichtigsten Fest der Inka ist Cusco voll von Besuchern aus aller Welt. An diesem Tag gibt es sowohl auf dem Marktplatz als auch in Saqsaywaman Nachstellungen der früheren Zeremonien. Ein riesiges Fest mit tollen Kostümen.

    My first real stop in Peru is Cusco in the south east. Cusco used to be the capital of the Inca empire and is now mostly known as a starting point fortwurschtele to Machu Picchu. In place of the old palaces and temples Cusco now has an impressive number of churches. You can still spot a lot of remains of the old Inca structures (streets, walls and parts of the new churches) when wandering through Cusco. Above the city, next to a white Jesus statue are the well restored ruins of the old Inca fortress Saqsaywaman.
    I was lucky to arrive in the city just in time for the big annual celebration of Inti Raymi (festival of the sun). This used to be the most important celebration of the Inca and on that day you can watch re-enactments of the old ceremonies in the main square and at the ruins of Saqsaywaman. It is a massive festival with tons of details and great costumes!
    Read more