Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    Sensational Singapore

    January 11, 2023 in Singapore ⋅ 🌧 28 °C

    First stop Singapore! We got off our flight and were met at the Airport by our good friend Carys, after admiring the airport's indoor waterfall we were whisked off to her swanky condo to enjoy a delicious home cooked meal (by Carys Fiancé James) Carbonara! Yum! We weren't sure how tired we would be after the flight so we planned a quiet night in, a few beers and catching up with old friends. A great way to start the holiday.
    Carys' place backs onto the massive Singapore Botanic Gardens so we spent most of the next day wandering around this amazing park and acclimatising to the tropical heat, it's 30° and very humid! During the night it got a bit cooler and we managed to enjoy some drinks outside in Haji Lane. It is a street with only 2/3 story buildings in the middle of all the high rises!

    Second day we ventured out into the center to visit the Gardens by the Bay. It is an amazing complex with the iconic metal trees and the indoor cloud forest. We were lucky with the weather it was sunny all day and even more lucky that the cloud forest is its own climate so much colder! Once bored of plants we went to see the art science museum which was very cool. There was a lot of interactive Art that took us back to our childhood! Next day and we're at Sentosa Island and Resorts World, a man made island that is dedicated to Fun, entertainment and adventure activities, home to the water parks, theme parks, beaches and other activities. Another hot day so we headed into the Aquarium for some refreshing aircon. That evening Carys booked us into an amazing rooftop bar to have a few cocktails, toast their recent engagement 💍😍 and enjoy the phenomenal views of the iconic skyline, then onto a super cute and authentic Mexican restaurant for more drinks and delicious food. Seems the thing to do here is eat and drink too much with good company.

    Our final day in Singapore and we were joining our hosts friends on a boat party, it's one of the most popular activities for birthdays and other celebrations. Once we had loaded all the booze and the DJ on board we set off out to some smaller islands just off the coast to party the afternoon away with the occasional dip in the sea when the dancer floor got too hot. Back onshore by 8pm we headed into the CBD to check out Satay Street for our final meal, a large outdoor road lined with street sellers specialising in Chicken, beef and Prawn Satay, you order by the 10 and there is no upper limit. Some of the best Satay sauce we have had, it was a great way to cap off a fantastic start to our trip.
    Read more