Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 6

    Day 1 of yellowstone

    July 20, 2022 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 8 °C

    We headed to Yellowstone bright and early around 6 am. (Brads Birthday!!!!) There was absolutely no one in line to enter the park. We were in shock. While driving to the Mud Volcano area, we saw elk, 3 bald eagles, and a few bison. The mud volcanoes smelled terrible from the sulfur. After that, we headed to the Grand Canyon of Yellowstoneo. We hiked the south and north rim to view the upper falls (109 ft) and lower falls (308 ft) as well as inspiration point. All of the views were breathtaking. We could never capture on a picture or video how beautiful this place is.
    We made our way to tower falls, calcite springs, and the petrified tree. When visiting the petrified tree, We saw a grizzly bear napping under a tree about 200 yards away. About 5 minutes after that, we saw a black bear crossing the road. We stopped and watched him eat berries and dig his cute little paws through a rotted log. It was the highlight of our day. We then made our way back to our campsite for the night. We are staying at Grant Village. We have a bear box at our campsite and cannot even leave our water bottle in our tent. We are cooking steak and potatoes over the fire tonight,.
    We had such an amazing first day in Yellowstone for Brads 35th birthday..
    Read more