Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2

    Cinque terre in the rain

    June 30, 2023 in Italy ⋅ 🌧 21 °C

    “What a day 😨!

    First, we were running late compared to the schedule we had planned the day before. After driving for about 10 minutes, it started raining. It was a bit disappointing, but the rain wasn’t too heavy.

    However, as we got closer to our destination, the weather took a turn for the worse. When we arrived in Levanto, it was pouring rain. We felt helpless in the face of this situation. We contemplated going back and visiting the Genoa Aquarium instead 😔. After some discussion, we mustered up the courage to proceed, despite the stormy weather.

    Fortunately, we were able to find some ponchos and braved the elements.

    We decided to start from the end, so we visited Riomaggiore, then Manarola, and finally Corniglia. By the time we reached Corniglia, it was already 1 PM, and we took a lunch break. During our meal, the sun peeked out from behind the clouds, and the weather began to improve.

    After a long, tiring, and wet day, we ended up eating at the same restaurant as the day before. And guess what?

    RAINED AGAIN ☔️⛈️

    I was overjoyed to finally lay down on my bed!”
    Read more