Satellit
Visa på kartan
  • Dag 12

    Bahia Prime Hostel

    27 december 2015, Brasilien ⋅ ⛅ 29 °C

    Decided to try the hostel experience as it was getting lonely in the hotel rooms. I wanted to try it out here first and then will judge if my other nights will all by hostels.

    First impressions of sharing in a 18 bed dormitory. Not slept yet however the place is very clean, very well laid out and and feels fully safe and under control. I know why this place got so many nice reviews..

    I also met Chris the American. What a nice nice guy. Retired now while used to be a teacher and Carpenter earlier.
    In his 50s and spends 6 months every year travelling. This started in his 30s when he spent 15 months grape picking in France. Grape picking moved to olive picking, which moved to strawberry picking and then peach etc. He learnt the language. Discussed philosophy. Integrates himself in the society.
    He doesn't have family, he doesn't have a house. He doesn't have a lot but he can speak 4 languages and is self confessed happy.
    A student of Eckert tolly, he is student of life philosophy. Believes that the machine needs human fodder to survive, break the machine / rat race / hamster wheel of life.

    Really glad to meet him and looking forward to more chats.

    Hope I don't snore :-)
    Läs mer