Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 19

    Step 3

    November 12, 2016 in France ⋅ ⛅ 5 °C

    Garlic aside, I think I found the perfect place to volunteer in India !

    “The Environmental Center is a working model farm of the best environmental practices demonstrating traditional and innovative sustainable techniques, an educational center for teaching students and the public about  environmental issues and solutions, and a platform for engaging conversation between spirituality, culture, and concern for the environment.
    Permacultural practices, cultivating onions, garlic, chilies, tomatoes, eggplants, cucumbers, and more for vegetables, mangoes, jackfruit, guava, neem, and more for fruits and trees, lentils and chickpeas for grains, an Ayurvedic herb garden, an organic dairy with 15 cows, and operational sustainable technology.
    Volunteers can expect simple vegetarian food.
    Maintenance work on all farm facilities can be expected (solar panels and biogas generators for power production, composting for soil production).
    Additionally, as the farm aims to become an education center, plenty of work can be done building informative signage, pathways, presentations, guest facilities, curriculums, and leading students and teachers in activities that teach environmental awareness. Finally, we sponsor research, discussion, and engagement between spirituality, culture, and the environment in the Indian context.
    And of course in Varanasi there is unrivalled opportunity to engage further in Hindu religion and philosophy, classical Hindustani music and dance, and more: Sanskrit Language, Pali Language, Urdu Language, Bhojpuri Language, Vedic Studies, Hindu Philosophy, Indian Architecture, Kathak Dancing, Tabla, Sitar, Sarangi, Harmonium, Yoga, Meditation, Ayurveda, Weaving, Indian Literature and Poetry, Jain Studies, Theosophy, Bhakti Studies, etc. “

    One month will NEVER be enough.
    Read more