Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 8

    Day 08 - The End Is Upon Us

    April 22, 2022 in France ⋅ ☁️ 14 °C

    Well - last full day today, the week has flown by.
    Started the morning with brekkie and a natter about the week, what to do today and times for tomorrows departure from Roqué and flights etc etc.
    At midday we loaded into the car for one last drive out having decided to re visit Nérac for the afternoon.
    Heading out west on our well trodden and beloved D15 and then onwards westbound on the D656 we pulled into Nérac. We managed to park in our now usual spot and then wandered the streets for a few hours, stopping occasionally for drinks (combined with people watching) ice creams and retail therapy for Teresa Munch and Mary.
    We wandered down through the old town and took time out to visit and enter the church - Église Saint-Nicolas de Nérac, built i. 1749 and which is stunning inside. We were the only visitors when we entered - only the silence seemed loud.
    We continued down to the river - the Petite Baise, before making our way back to the car.
    We drove the return route back to Roqué via Laplume for some last night essentials - milk!!
    Another evening was spent sitting in the late sunshine, over eating and drinking the last of the wine reserves.
    Late coffees and that was it - time to hit the pillows so we are up bright and breezy tomorrow to pack and vacate by 10am.
    Footnote: Teresa decided she had important news to impart to me at 3am - I love waking that early for news. So much so I then don’t sleep for the remainder of the evening . . . So much for a good nights sleep 😵‍💫
    Read more