Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 124

    18.01-25.01 Day 124-131 . . Not France

    January 18, 2023 in France ⋅ ⛅ 1 °C

    18.01 124. Up at before 6am and out the door just before 7am - still completely dar here in France. Straight onto the N10 and then A10 northbound generally Dieppe bound, our first time trying the ferry. The weather was fab until just outside Rouen when it started to snow. By the time we hit Dieppe it was absolutely lashing down with rain. We were early and so sat at the port for what seemed like hours - well2.5hrs anyway before boarding. A four hour crossing, thankfully not rough and then we arrived in Newhaven at 2145hrs. Off and straight up the road to East Grinstead to Tre’s parents house. Inside, heating put on and straight to bed - we have some busy days ahead.

    19.01 125. Up at 7am to be clearing ice from Roxvanne and also our Kia on the driveway. Both to Haywards Heath in Rox and the Kia. We dropped the Kia at the garage for the clutch to be replaced. Both then back to East Grinstead to go to estate agent then some shops for food and cleaning supplies. Home to Tre’s parents house. Tre made calls to pension companies while I sorted issues with IONOS. At lunch we took delivery of the skip. Start clearing garage but within an hour got a call to go collect the Kia which was finished. Both in Rox to Haywards Heath to collect the Kia. Then to Sainsburys for cardboard boxes for packing. Tre drives home to East Grinstead in Rox while I have to go back to garage to get the locking wheel nut for the Kia which hadn’t been replaced and then to Jewson’s for plastic sheets. I then finally drive back to East Grinstead - nearly out of fuel on route so detour for fuel. Home to Tre and start garage clear. 5.30pm finish and in for food. Shower and bed as up early to take Roxvanne for a service in morning.

    20.01 126. Up at 7.30am to drop Rox to Warren for service. Walk home to Tre’s parents and continue sorting garage and house which continued all day. I shot out to get boxes from Robert Dyas. Warren at garage called to say Rox has an oil leak at turbo and needs new pipe - which means not ready now until Tuesday. So new plans re dropping car to mum and dads needed and devised - now go Sunday and get train home Monday . . . . From Birmingham. For dinner we went to see Munch in Tonridge for a KFC and ice cream parlour visit for pudding. Back home to bed.

    21.01 127. Continued sorting the garage and house all day. Booked Easistore for some bits to store on Tuesday - bits we want from the garage sort. Working our plans around Roxvanne still being fixed and how to get to see everyone.

    22.01 128. Up at 7.30am Load tour old TV into the Kia and drive to East Grinstead tip for opening at 9am. Drop TV and then to Haywards Heath to meet eldest Daniel for breakfast at 10am in the Orange Square. Caught up on loads of news including 204 Chanctonbury Road has been sold and the kids don’t live there anymore! Left Daniel at midday and drove to Mum and Dad’s in the Kia to give them the Kia. New plan involves no Roxvanne to drive home from Mum & Dad’s - we gonna use the train, as Rox still being fixed. Arrived about 5pm and took Dad out for a spin to get used to Kia. Back to Mum and Dad’s. Dinner and chatted until bed at 10pm - we’ve got another long day tomorrow.

    23.01 129. Up at 7.30am. Try sort dDads bank account online - painful. Breakfast. Drove by Mum & Dad to Bloxwich North rail station. Took train to Birmingham Internation. Our intended first connection train was cancelled. An hour later finally took train to Euston. From Euston took tube to Victoria. At Victoria board displays all East Grinstead trains are cancelled due to a landslide. Decided to take train to three bridges as closest alternative. From Three Bridges a taxi to East Grinstead. Once indoors we had some pasta and watched Vera on iPad. Bed.

    24.01 130. Up at 7am to get a taxi which collects at 8.15am to Easistore in order to collect a van and take out (hire) a unit. Drive to the van to East Grinstead to load van of Garage keeps. Then drive to Easistore and unload van into store. Same taxi driver called to drive us to East Grinstead. Lunch. All completed at the house and garage we have iPad for hour and snooze for hour. Call and find Rox fixed so walk to garage to collect Rox. Drive home shower and then into East Grinstead town centre to meet Mary & Paul and all have a curry at Monsoon. Im given lovely birthday presents and we have Pinau to give to Mary & Paul. Drive home at 11pm and straight to bed as up early . . . . again!!

    25.01 131. Up at 6.30am and drive in Rox to Newhaven Ferry Port having dropped bottle of coins at British Heart Foundation. Sat at Newhaven doing Penguin notes and then realised I’m on a wifi that I’d not requested. Checked to see what wifi connection and on GOV Wifi as per Manston. UK Gov will be after me 😂😳
    While on the ferry crossing Kate (Estate Agent) emailed to ensure 31st March for Compromis de Vente was ok. Forward to Christophe our UK Notaire.
    Hit Dieppe at 4pm and were very first vehicle off the boat - result.
    Problem with van when hit Rouen - warning lights on. Call to Warren who to his credit answered and gave advice despite the time!!
    A few hours into drive Tre said she could drive some of the journey and more than an hour. After driving just over the hour and the discussion about driving an extended period she said maybe we should stop as ‘she couldn’t really see very well in the dark’ . . . . we stopped at the very next services - which couldn’t come fast enough 🙄😳😬
    Got home to Chaignepain at 2330hrs France time so 15rs door to door.
    On walking through the door Tre received an email to say grant of probate had been received - Perfect timing!
    Read more