Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 137

    31.01 Day 137 . . . Chenay Once More

    January 31, 2023 in France ⋅ ☁️ 4 °C

    I woke this morning and then fell straight back to sleep until nearly 10am - I slept all day yesterday, how is this happening?
    We both hopped up and got ourselves ready as we were visiting the house at Chenay again today - I even had a face scrape!!
    During this period of readiness I got a message to say the diagnostic gizmo for the car had been delivered - will need to sort that later on our return.
    We were at the house at Chenay at just gone 1.30pm awaiting the estate agent who was due at 2pm. We said our hello’s to the resident neighbours cats and had a look over the gate and then a walk down the lane. All seemed as we last saw it.
    The Estate agent arrived at 2pm and as previously had forgotten the code for the padlock on the gate . . .something about the 3 P’s springs to mind.
    Finally in we took a slow walk around the house together trying to check as many things as we could, things we had put on a list before driving here today. We wandered on numerous occasions from that list to look at bits and pieces we hadn’t included on the list. State of woodwork we knew needed attention, how old was the log burner stove, did the chimney on the bread oven even exist as a chimney, did the bathroom have any form of extraction . . . really not too exciting to most but to us little gems of knowledge.
    The beams upstairs didn’t seem so low this time which pleased me and the barn had been semi cleared . . . well a little anyway. We drew up a list with the estate agent of things we might be interested in if free and left, things we might consider buying and things we really wanted shipped out before we arrived . . . if all goes to plan.
    A spin into the hanger and a walk around the outside and garden to add to the list and we were done - probably about an hour. The estate agent made it clear in actions if not words that she needed to leave - we got the hint. After her departure we stayed a while to chat and say goodbye to the cats.
    We drove home via Maire Levescault to see if the cafe was open - it wasn’t, so we trundled for home.
    On route we had to pull over on ‘The road to nowhere’ to let a convoy through bringing even more turbine blades to somewhere - hopefully not too near here as we do seem to have quite a few already.
    At home we had cheese and crackers whilst emailing the bank re change of address details. Hannah also delivered the diagnostic gizmo, so I will call Warren tomorrow.
    I then had a sort out of some tool boxes, so that I could free a plastic box up for my seed sewing experiment - it took a bit longer than expected.
    Tre had put chicken into marinade yesterday, so that made an appearance for our evening meal and it was fab - chicken peppers, onion, garlic and chilli - what could be more perfect.
    We watched a bit of tatt TV before finding Saving Private Ryan on film 4 +1. The only problem was it being +1 and us being an hour ahead of UK TV meant it was gonna be a late finish. Having had so much sleep over the last couple of days I managed to see it through, but Tre gave up and retired to bed before they’d even found him, let alone try to get him home.
    SPOILER ALERT - PRIVATE RYAN MAKES IT HOME.
    Read more