Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 220

    24.04 Day 220 . . . Packing Up Rox

    April 24, 2023 in France ⋅ ☁️ 10 °C

    Up at 8.30 and straight downstairs to crack on - we have a lot to do.
    We whistled through breakfast and then we called Orange British line and spoke to a very helpful guy about getting a landline new phone installed at the Chenay house. Wasn’t as cheap as we thought as we hadn’t ordered it online, but you can’t order an engineer to attend to hook up a line using the online system - so stuffed in that one. Anyhow all sorted and an engineer being sent out next week. All the bits ordered and being posted out and we had to give Craigs mobile number for the contract as they will only take a French mobile number. So this afternoon we need to go get a French mobile phone.
    Next up call the Insurance lady Vanessa to get a new attestation document done and sent out, so we can send to the notaire.
    Once that was done and email copy received we forwarded it to the French Notaire and also asked them to confirm that they had all our funds safely held for the Chenay house.
    I then packed a few bits upstairs just to make a start on our move out. Tre had also started her packing - more of what she had already done in the last few days.
    Shortly after lunch we both climbed into Roxvanne to drive to Sauze. We both noticed again that she is not starting very well - we’ve ordered a new battery for when we get back to the UK in May but we may need to sort it sooner.
    We drove to Sauze and into SuperU. First up we bought a phone but found out we needed to go to a shop down the parade for a SIM card. We then did a small food shop but also picked up some items that were on offer due to a stamp collection scheme - a bit like green shield stamps back in the UK in about 1970 . . . all gardening equipment.
    After SuperU we went to get the SIM card which was a bit of a phaf, but the lady in the shop was really helpful and explained what we needed to do . . . Or so we thought.
    Across the road to Bricomon to buy some charcoal, but changed our minds and just bought some fire lighters. We think we can use wood (of which there is plenty in the hanger at the Chenay house) in the newly purchased fire pit if yesterday.
    Back home via the main roads and parked up in our normal bay at the Gite.
    We then spent the next two hours or so humping our belongings from the Gite to Rox and loading her up. We seem to have accumulated loads of stuff while we have been here - certainly more than we arrived with.
    We finally locked the doors on Rox and called it a day.
    Tre then made a fab, huge omelette which we had with salad whilst flopped on the sofa watching rubbish.
    We then for some bizarre reason started trying to activate the new mobile phone and also too it up with the details and directions we had been given by the shop lady. Not a chance! We were both tired and tempers started to raise, so we decided to leave it to the morning. It cannot be that difficult.
    Both pooped we decided to call it a night - it was well gone 11pm here yet again.
    Tomorrow is our last full day at the Gite!!
    Read more