Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 26

    The party continues

    June 8, 2015 in Colombia ⋅ ⛅ 24 °C

    After a shower the day “started“ directly with lunch at the finca (=farm) of Daniela's family, which is on a little mountain. Since it rained heavily, we didn't stay there for long, but went back to the house to catch up on some sleep.
    In the afternoon, we went again to the hotel. In the big group of almost 25 people we had a bonfire and later went all to the pool, where we also started the next morning.
    This day - equal as many days in Colombia -was all about food: first we had a colombian breakfast (caldo, arepa, torta de plátano, pan) at the hotel and in the afternoon Vanessa, a flatmate from my second semester in Monterrey, invited us for lunch. First we had Ajíaco (a soup of potatoes and corn, served with chicken, rice, avocado and banana - I know, those Colombians are crazy) at her place, then we went to get grandma's, because she had prepared rice arepas.
    We ended the day on top of the same mountain as the day before. From up there you have a nice view and can drink aguapanela con queso (if you order it without cheese, you can shock every Colombian). Besides, there is a famous monument called piedra de amor (= stone of love).
    Read more