Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 19

    Semarang, Indonesia

    February 15, 2017 in Indonesia ⋅ ⛅ 29 °C

    With the Valentine's party last night everyone was very tired this morning and it took a long time before we left the ship. Once we did we had a 40 minute shuttle bus ride. Which is the longest we've ever had. The shuttle bus took you through a very poor area where most people were asleep under whatever they could find and there were only shacks for buildings. People were walking down the middle of the road selling water and fresh fruit. Like you see at home with window washing sometimes.
    The bus dropped us off in a slightly nicer area at the visitor centre. We stayed there for a bit updating our phones and checking emails before walking down to a shopping centre. We walked through the entire things but I just bought some ice cream and a drink. We then went back to the shuttle and are now using the free wifi in the cruise terminal. There were not very many photo opportunities today.
    One of the big differences between the world cruise and regular cruises is that you go to many ports that cruise ships rarely go to. Today was an example of that. Other cruise lines occasionally go here but P&O never has before. Everyone was so excited to see us. People were taking pictures of us as we were coming and going from the cruise terminal. Kids were jumping up and down waving as the shuttle bus drove by. People are on shore are always taking pictures of the ship as it comes and goes from ports. On regular cruises the ports you go to are full of other cruise ships.
    Read more