Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 242

    Southampton, UK

    April 29, 2018 in England ⋅ ⛅ 8 °C

    The party cruise from hell is finally over. One night to take, edit and sell all our photos. Needless to say there was a lot of running around and stress plus a lot of angry impatient passengers. Party cruises are younger passengers and they are use to things being instant when that’s not the way it works. We also REALLY struggled with cell phones. Younger passengers always have their phones in their hands and so they think it’s a great idea to steal our work and just take a photo on their phone of the photos on the board. It got to a point when we had to get security involved and they helped us keep an eye on the gallery. In the evening I had to run the gallery on my own because everyone else was taking photos. So the extra eyes was very helpful.

    Party cruises really show the difference between the different generations. Our usual older clientele enjoy the cruise, couples walk around the ship holding hands and love to stop and chat with us asking where we’re from and getting to know us. The next generation however who come on party cruises, walk around the ship FaceTiming people back home. Couples walk together but ignore each other with both of them having their eyes glued to their phones. The restaurants are so much quieter with everyone just on their phones as well. They also have a completely different attitude towards the crew, just seeing them as being their to serve them.
    Read more