Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 10

    Rosebank Cottage Pemberton

    October 31, 2021 in Australia ⋅ ☁️ 15 °C

    A leisurely breakfast and decamped from the beautiful Drafty's Campsite in Warren River National Park to check into our booked accommodation in Pemberton township. Had a lovely chat with our camp host Sue, from Sydney, New South Wales. Both her and husband sold up, bought a camper trailer and are now traveling around Australia. They are the most hard-working host we've come across. She rakes up each campsite once it's vacated, checking for any rubbish left behind. She rakes all the empty campsites everyday to clear it of gumnuts and twigs in case someone is pitching a tent there that day. Husband oiled, stained and treated all the wood fixtures around, and fixes anything that needs maintenance. He even helps the rangers in their jobs around. What lovely people. We had a look at the other campsite in the Park, Warren River Campsite. That is a smaller campsite, with no hosts, so it looked wilder with gumnuts and twigs all over, everywhere. We concluded that our campsite, number 11 of Drafty's was about the best, elevated and with water views. Location, location, location.

    We called in at the Visitor's Information in town, and were greeted by a cheery, smiley jolly young lady. She exuded warmth and enthusiasm, and had so much information.She even helped us plan our next campsite after Pemberton. It'll be in Boranup Forest, and if that's full, Alexandria Bridge. Unfortunately, I did not get her name, but she was here last year when we came to Pemberton, just as kind and jolly. She's just what every Visitor Information person should be.

    Lunch was at Hidden River Estate Vineyard. Generous serves, and very delicious food, Australian fare with a touch of the Middle East. Dessert was a giant lavender scone at the Lavender and Berry Farm as it will be shut for the next few days the we're here.

    Rosebank Cottage is luxurious after camping for 3 nights. Priority was washing, clothes and ourselves. The cottage even had a claw foot bath which we luxuriated in.

    Many restaurants and cafes in Pemberton shut from Monday to Wednesday. So dinner tonight will be at Treehouse Tapas which we had a great meal at last year, and yes, is only open from Thursday to Sunday.
    Read more