Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 11

    Quinninup

    November 1, 2021 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 10 °C

    Ruby made yummy pancakes for breakfast and with full bellies we headed to Quinninup.
    We were planning to do orchid hunting on a designated Orchid Trail (4 km), the King Karri Trail (4.5km) and Karri Lake Trail (4km).
    As we drove into Quinninup, we encountered the trailhead for King Karri walk first so we started there, walking under the tall trees. Very pleasant relaxing walk. Saw many huge trees, but did not know which one was The King. The walk was beautiful nonetheless. Today was a very windy day, and we had to negotiate over many fallen branches. The rustling of the leaves was rather loud at times, as the tall trees waved at us.

    We quickly had a light snack because we thought the Orchid Trail shouldn't take us long and we could then have a proper lunch after. After walking 4km, we realised that the walk we did, didn't match the map at all so we had to cutout onto the main road and walk back to the start to see where we went wrong. We realised we had turned on the track too soon so we restarted the walk again. Finally completing the walk with 10km on the clock.
    It was worth redoing as there were lots of variety of orchids and wildflowers to be found. We were so exhausted after that walk, and the rain set in so we gave the Karri Lake Trail a miss.
    Read more