Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 12

    Rest day at Rosebank Cottage

    November 2, 2021 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 8 °C

    Today we decided or rather the weather decided for us to have a rest day. It rained consistently all day, with occasional steady torrential downpour. We thought we'd give our umbrellas a rest.
    We planned only to go to a fine wood gallery and an art gallery. We got to the fine wood gallery and it was shut leaving only one more to visit. We decided to do a cook's tour of Pemberton before the Gold and Grape art gallery and chanced upon a studio of Peter Kovacsy. Not sure if it was open though a sign hanging on the door said open. As I stepped out of the car, an old man in flannelette shirt and beany strolled up and when asked if the studio was open, he replied if the door says it is, well it must be. He turns out to be Peter Kovacsy and he does some great work in glass, wood and combinations of the two. We spent an hour and a half at the studio with Peter explaining his work showing us how his work interacts with light and texture. Very spectacular pieces, he was very open with the revelation of his life story and his inspirations. The Gold and Grape gallery paled in comparison.
    For the rest of the time it was rest and relax at Rosebank Cottage, and it's wonderful claw foot bath.

    Note: Photos of Peter's works and gallery are taken from the internet as we were too busy chatting to remember to take photos.
    Read more