Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 13

    Decin Day 4

    September 23, 2023 in Czech Republic ⋅ ☁️ 12 °C

    Having not quite recovered from cycling legs, we went for a much shorter hike under the recommendation of the tourist information guide.

    We caught the bus without a hitch except for the bus that had the right number but wrong route. Some other hiker looking people told us to follow them because they were heading to Tiske too.

    Tiske is a town flanked on one side by rock formations. We saw two groups of rock climbers, one man doing bouldering and lots of walkers. At a tricky descent from a boulder, a nice young Czech guy at the bottom asked if he could help us down and proceeded to stretch his arms wide open as if expecting us to jump into his arms.

    An observation on this hike is, German speaking people were very loud and boisterous while the Czechs were quietly spoken. This was contradicted on our bus ride back to Decin where, a group of 6 Czech ladies and gentlemen talked and laughed loudly. I think Czech beer had some influence there.

    We came straight back to the accommodation after Tiske, without venturing out to see more sights. It was nice to be back at the accommodation for a rest and relax.

    Total distance walked 8.2km
    Read more