Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 15

    Foz do Iguacu

    May 21, 2015 in Brazil ⋅ ⛅ 24 °C

    Iguassu Guest House is a bit shabbier than our usual standards however it does have a pool (large bath tub), pool table, hammocks and R5 (£1) capirinhas!! Anna says she feels at home since the hostel is in locked gates with electric fencing above and shards of glass decorating the garden walls - this is quote common for all the other hostels we've seen and apparently is due to problems re smuggling contraband from Paraguay.

    Went for a wander in search of coffee for Anna, then Paraguay - we are on the border of 3 countries. Ended up down residential streets as this place is a lot bigger than the map would suggest. Agree with majority of reports that this place is a bit of a dump! Eventually gave up and went to read in the hammocks.

    Searched for another of Anna's restaurants...gave up and ended at an all you can eat churrascuria buffet (R26) - the usual Brazilian choices plus men coming round with skewers of meat every minute. Not quite my thing but Anna was in heaven and seemed to have a magical refilling plate. Quote of the day "I never knew cow could taste so good" was quickly usurped by "I never thought I'd enjoy men waving their meat in my face"!

    Finished the day with a game of a pool.
    Read more