Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 22

    Time for a tub or 2!

    May 17, 2021 in Australia ⋅ 🌙 21 °C

    Howdy all, sorry for the delay in our latest news. We had 4 nights in Alice & moved caravan parks to a location approx 12 klns from town. How nice was that, the serenity, peace of mind meant so much. Alice is quite a buzzling place during the day, difficult to get a park, supermarkets busy but the town is missing the international tourist trade hugely. Plenty of businesses closed up & covid didn't help either. Time for the van, car, puppy & us to have a tub & wash off the dust.
    We travelled north until we reached Devils Marbles but the van park was full so we free camped out the front with 9 other vans & campers. The food at the pub was good.
    Next day we saw the rocks that form the marbles before a big day travel to reach Daly Waters on Friday to catch up with Uncle John & Aunty Vicki Warden. The one night at Daly Waters didn't disappoint. That place goes off. Probably over 500 meals served thst night live music plus the van & camping grounds were overflowing. Wow!
    Saturday we had just a short drive up to Mataranka, staying at Bitter ( Victoria) Springs with the Wardens still happy to stick with us.
    We have had 3 very relaxing days here enjoying the local markets on Sunday, swimming in thermal pools & springs & just having. a great time.
    Off tomorrow to Katherine & to see more of this amazing territory.
    Read more