Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 125

    Another side of Naples

    July 24, 2022 in Italy ⋅ ☀️ 86 °F

    Miles: 6.8 Steps: 15457
    Flights stairs: 20

    We headed down to the waterfront today and found a whole different side of Naples. It was much nicer, clean … either for the tourists, or the wealthier citizens, not sure. Went for a swim - second time in the Mediterranean Sea 😃. It was pretty warm water, actually.

    Jordan wanted to rest in the room, so we split up and I went to see Castle Sant’Elmo on the hill. It was a beautiful view of the city, the Bay of Naples and of course, Mt Vesuvius! Couldn’t believe how close it is to the city, and how dense the houses are. A lot of people crammed into a very small area.

    We stayed out of the areas we were in yesterday, so no idea whether the trash situation changed any.

    We ended up trying to find Mexican food for dinner - kind of getting tired of pizza and pasta. We found what looked like a great place - I ordered a taco salad, Jordan an enchilada. My taco salad was literally two crunchy shell tacos on a very small bed of lettuce. And Jordan’s enchilada came filled with cubed fried potato chunks. Pretty funny actually.
    Read more