Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 45

    Saigon

    November 6, 2014 in Vietnam ⋅ ⛅ 28 °C

    After mentally preparing ourselves to see the awfulness of humanity at the War Remnant Museum, we found out - when we arrived there at noon - that government buildings close for 2h during lunch pause. We are now not sure anymore if we are going to find the courage to visit it tomorrow morning...

    This afternoon we went for a great cooking class! We cooked 5 different dishes, our favourite being chicken with lemongrass and the most surprising being a salad with green (not ripe) papaya, dry beef, and more. We also learned how to cut like a pro and the rest is a secret ;).

    After the course - to cap off our stint in hcmc - we had a drink on a roof top terrace (first wine for Claire since the wedding, pure happiness ;). Unreasonable prices thought. Beer 60 cents.

    As to the traffic, we will just defer to the video at the bottom of this paragraph. Sometimes it is even worse. In the video you see the street we had to cross every day. You just have to make sure you are aware of buses and cars as they won't stop for you. Motorcycles will navigate around you somehow...most of the time. 
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqPSsu7XQ74
    Read more