Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 5

    Divine Mercy Sancutary

    May 18, 2018 in Poland ⋅ ⛅ 13 °C

    This was a side trip that originated as a result of a conversation I had with my God Mother, Nilanthi akki. She had told me about the Divine Mercy (DM) Chaplet, and her faith and work around the DM.

    It was raining in Krakaw, but I got up early and organised my self. I had familiarized before hand as to where every thing was in the sanctuary area as it was a flying visit litararily. It was one of those places within half an hour of being in the chapal I decided I need to come back. The place was calming, soothing, and so much like St Anne's in D'Auray, Brittany, France. A sense of being in a place of worship, which was not commercialised. I just wish I had more time. The old church was a work of art. Sadly I had only about 3.5 hours, but I had time for a church service at the Basilica, and coincidently not by any thought or plan, but by shear luck it was the birthday of the much loved pope St John Paul the Second who came from Krakow himself.

    St Faustina's room was so simple, and to see nuns dressed in the way when I was a child was very nice.

    Taxi that had been pre booked, was late and I was starting to panic, and luckily for me, he had been parked in the wrong area of the sanctuary and a security guard had asked what he was doing. So that person had sent him my way after that.

    A useless bit of information _ the Frankfurt airport has 3 wings to it and 2 of those are over a kilo meter long each way, the other one is not quite a km. I got back into getting my walking up to speed after the previous 2 days of sitting in a plane. In 2003 when we went to Frankfurt. The airport was a miserable place, but now boy oh boy it has gone through some changers and it was also very busy place. Masses of people every where. In 2003 we left our passports, cash and vedio recorder in the taxi. Thanks to the people who got their act together that day, a taxi coming to the airport picked it from the taxi going away from the airport and we were reunted with our belongings.

    No surprises, the plane to Porto was delayed by an hour. So was just on mid night when I got to the hotel in Porto.

    I love air travelling and the pampering in my snooty business class, but planes do get delayed, luggage does get lost what ever the class you travel and you can do nothing other than understanding that's air travel. If you can; get to places you want to get to earlier, leave room for travel mis- haps, and most of all remember no point getting stressed, that is not helping you.
    Read more