Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 17

    Baiona to Vigo

    May 30, 2018 in Spain ⋅ ⛅ 14 °C

    Today the breaksfast by far was the best we have had on our trip. For the first time in 2 weeks I saw a fried egg. All these days for breakfast it has been continental, other than when we stayed in Afife where we were served scrambled eggs. All the other days it is cold meats, cheese, cereals, cake and bread. So it was nice to see a western buffet style breakfast.

    On a hill far away was not an old ruggard cross but a large statue of the Virgin on the Rock. It is a marble statue with the virgin holding a boat in her hand. Parts of it is made from marble, the crown is made from porcelain.

    After a walk on the castle walls and turrents it was bye bye to our stay in a castle and back to being poor pilgrims on foot. Today we were walking around the city of Baiona for most of the time. Meaning it was so spread out, and was around a very large harbour. It was a beautiful city. The beaches were so soft and white it must be a paradise for sun lovers in the coming summer months.

    We had decided last night that every one and half hours or so we would take a break. So we took longer breaks today. Our pace seems to be dropping, but from now on there is only one more day that we have a walk of over 20 kms. Seems as if the time is going by so quickly. Due to the fact the last 3 days have been such long walking days I have not caught up on updating my journal. I needed my beauty sleep more than writing my journal. Today our walk was 21 kms. 3 days of over 20ks each day, I my self cannot believe it.

    Today had booked an apartment so that we could catch up on doing our laundry. The owner was a lovely person. She even took us to the super market. Our plan had been to cook a meal of rice and curry and have it in the apartment. That was so, so nice to eat a home cooked meal after all this time of eating out. Yummy. Funny how you crave for mother land food after a while to just make your taste buds sing and keep your senses appeased.
    Read more