Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 18

    Vigo to Vigo

    May 31, 2018 in Spain ⋅ ⛅ 13 °C

    The apartment we stayed was great. Mainly due to the fact we had been able to cook and get all our washing done and dried. Also it always helps when the local lady had been so friendly. Need to give her a 5 star rating on bookings.com.

    Had to zip off the long trousers to be shorts as it was drislling when we left. It steadily got worse. Had to put on rain coats and back pack cover on to keep it dry. (In case your wondering better to walk in pants that are not wet at the bottom).

    The later half of the walk was past the port and then ship building area.

    Arrived at the hotel just on 12.00. Now waiting in the reception to go to the room but their not ready yet.

    Thought of you Shan when I saw this guy making humungus bubbles. Peggy and Shan used to do this when she was little. Thought you might like it, so took a photo just for you. 😊

    This afternoon we have been doing some retail therapy. Hmmm... won't say anymore about that,as Colin reads this post every day.

    On our ambling back to our hotel the penny dropped. In order to get the Compostella which is the certificate one gets for compleating the Camino each pilgrim need to have 2 stamps on the passport each day in the last 100 kms, of the walk. So back to the hotel to make sure that we were now under our 100kms. And yes now we are down to 93kms. I had been to the cathedral this afternoon, while Shyama was having a massage, and it was closed at that time. So a quick check with the receptionist at the hotel and he said there was evening mass around now. So quick rush to the cathedral and mass was just ending, the priest as as very nice, he gave us the stamp,one down, one more to go.

    On the way we had enquired at a few restaurants if they would give us a stamp if we had dinner. But none of them were doing it. But just out side the church there was a Taperia. They did give the seal. So that's where we had our dinner. Now we are sorted for today.

    We think our young people in NZ have a drinking problem, well it is Thursday evening and you should see the crowds round a pub or taparia. The last photo is the crowd that has spilt out of the pub. The crowd was already out of the pub this afternoon when I went to the church this afternoon.
    Read more