Satélite
Exibir no mapa
  • Dia 2

    Molesworth to Hamner

    29 de novembro de 2023, Nova Zelândia ⋅ ☁️ 7 °C

    Last night it rained heavily, but we were cosy and no drips of water on us at all. The tent though was wet, and we would need to dry it up at some time or another. After breakfast and a wash with water heated over the gas stove we were ready to go see the homestead and the cottage etc. Met up with the French guy and the water tap had a chat with him, and offered him some cherrys we had got yesterday in Blenheim. He was so happy. Had to walk a small distance go to a lookout point to see the homestead and the auxiliary buildings, had a look at the original molesworth cottage too. This was made out of cob( a mix of soil and animal dung) It was very warm inside. Today we had a few more hours of driving. We drove through another staion but it was mainly driving through Molesworth for most of the time. Had a picknic of soup and biscuits and off we went again. finally once we came out of Molesworth station Colin wanted to go to Hamner via the Jolly Pass. This was the first 4 wheel dfrive track that he had on his list of tracks to do. At one point there was a young couple who were driving through a mud water hole and the young girl was driving and Colin said "Go giril Go" she didnt seemed faced out at all about driving through there.

    We got to Hanmer finaly around 4.00pm. Found a lovely hotel to stay the night. I was happy to camp, as long as I was able to stay at a motel or hotel the next night so that I could have a hot shower the next night, and catch up on our washing of dirty linnen.

    The place also had a restaurant attached to it called The Red Stag. The meal was lovely. I cook a mean Lamb Shanks, I am very hesitant to eat lamb shanks when I go out, as I always think mine is better. The lamb shanks I had that night came a very close second.
    Leia mais