Uydu
Haritada göster
  • Gün 78

    Kununurra

    29 Haziran 2017, Avustralya ⋅ 🌙 27 °C

    We arrived in Kununurra yesterday (Wednesday) stopping at the famous Ivanhoe Crossing to get a photo. It is closed to vehicles at this time due to so much water rushing over the crossing and making it too dangerous to drive over. A Holden sedan pulled up down at the entrance and a family of 9 indigenous piled out with fishing rods and gidgee sticks. It was funny to see them all keep coming out of that car and then two dogs got out as well!
    Apparently when the water drops later in the season, they take away the road blocks so you can make the water crossing by vehicle.

    We shopped for groceries, and stayed in the Lakeside Caravan Park for the night. After leaving the park in the morning we went out to look around the Ord River Scheme. Of course we had to go driving along unmarked roads and gravel tracks!!!!! And guess what, we had a warning from the vehicle computer system saying “fault code 037 - Engine Failure”. Then she just stopped and we couldn’t get her going again.
    We rang Iveco in Perth, they gave us the number for their agents in Kununurra, and believe it or not they were only a few kilometres away, so came and towed us into their yard.
    An hour later we were on our way back to Kununurra for the night after they (KAI) got us mobile again. There is an issue with the main fuel tank not registering how much fuel we transfer from the auxiliary tanks, which I can’t explain properly, so will just say we are hanging around here and Lake Argyle for about a week until KAI can fix the problem properly for us. The timing is bad due to EFY and stock take duties, therefore we have to wait. These guys really seem to know what they are doing, so while we wait, we will look around for one or more free spots to stay.

    The other problem we have is our beloved new iPad has a badly shattered screen after Dave forgot to get it off the front bull bar where he put it, while he went for a leak behind a bush. We had driven about 10 kilometres before we heard a noise that turned out to be the iPad crashing onto the rd. It turns out no-one up here can fix or replace the screen, so will have to wait till Broome until we can sort out a fix. It is so badly shattered I don’t want to use it although it still works. I will have to work out a different way to update this blog. I’m hoping I can do it with my laptop and camera. Its going to be cumbersome compared to the iPad, but oh well shit happens!!!
    Once again internet access is very random in these parts but I’ll do my best to keep you updated.
    Okumaya devam et