Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 20

    Watery Goodbyes

    October 18, 2017 in Vietnam ⋅ ⛅ 24 °C

    After another filling breakfast we finished packing up our villa and headed to reception to wave Daniel and Leila off; they were getting a flight to Singapore. It was sad to say goodbye, especially not knowing when we will next get to see them. We, after more tea (this time cinnamon flavour), also left for our next adventure. We had a taxi to Hoí An, an old French colonial town a couple hours south.
    We arrived, somehow tired from all of our recent relaxing, hoping for a quick nap. After feeling the bed felt like another wooden plank we decided to head straight out to explore. Hoí An is now a World Heritage Site, but used to be a large trade centre with people coming from China, Japan and Europe often for months at a time. This has led to a mixture of architecture, foods and cultures coming together. We had to pay a small fee to enter the town. We had lunch looking over the river and watching some local lizards chasing one another. A good few hours and thousands of steps later we headed back to our new hotel to change for dinner. We borrowed some of their bicycles and headed out for an Indian. It was brilliant, filling and just want we needed after a long day.
    Read more