Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 19

    Last day of Tranquility

    October 17, 2017 in Vietnam ⋅ ⛅ 27 °C

    We overfilled on breakfast again, but unfortunately had to cancel our kayaking trip due to more rain. Instead we had a chilled morning at Daniel and Leila's villa. We then went off for our couples 30 minute back massages and facials. The spa was lovely and relaxing, we started off getting into the gowns and slippers before having a foot wash and massage. Next was our back massages which were perfect, before moving on to our facials. By the end of it we were truly relaxed. We then had some fruit, yoghurt and local teas.
    We met up for lunch in the sister resort at Momba restaurant before David and Daniel set off for an ATV safari. Kerry and Leila had a wander round before getting another drink and waited for the boys. The ATV was great but very bumpy! We then relaxed again in the hot tub at the parents' villa before getting ready for dinner.
    It was a manager's reception in the bar so met for some pre-dinner drinks before heading up to Saffron, the resorts Thai restaurant in the hills, looking over the rest of the beach. We were warmly welcomed in by the managers and they had a live musician playing a local instrument. The food, wine and service were impeccable, and we had an absolutely lovely last evening.
    When we got back to our room, there was a birthday cake, sparkler candles and card waiting for us (we had told them we were celebrating Kerry's birthday at the start).
    Read more