Satelital
Mostrar en el mapa
  • Día 2–6

    Vienna

    25 de abril, Austria ⋅ ☁️ 11 °C

    Day1 - Vienna the wait is over
    Arrived in Paris at 6 am local time ( now on Cental Europe Standard time -8 hrs behind Melb). A brief period of anxiety as we had to get boarding passes for this Air France leg. Complicated by the chaos caused by a strike impacting a number of flights.
    But this is an airport;! We had to fall into a French bakery for coffee and pastries with great relief!
    Flight to Vienna relatively short - 2 hrs. And painless.
    But it had to happen sooner or later and today was the day/trip - our bags didn't make it. Judith was happily re-united with her case, but Derek's and my bags were not coming through that hatch no matter how long we waited 😞. Luckily they are on their - who can blame them for wanting to stay in Paris longer? Hopefully we will see them tomorrow morning.
    Getting out of airport was alarmingly easy - throgh the door marked. A train into the city, a 10 min walk to apartment and home for the next 3 days!
    Despite exhaustion we couldn't resist going out for an explore. We aren't far from Karl's Kirche and the Uni district - familiar to us from last trip, so it was an easy walk into the centre. So many people here ahead of us - how did the word get out!
    Vienna lovely and graceful while it buzzes, and people queue for the cafes and little lane ways wait to surprise us around winding streets. A joy.
    But a quiet night in with wine and soup.
    Leer más