Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    Vienna 2

    April 26 in Austria ⋅ ☀️ 16 °C

    Day 2 Tired but too much to see!
    Not sure when bags will be delivered so need to be close to apartment for comms re timing. So a lazy morning tho Derek went out early for a long walk. When he got back Judith and I had our turn. Headed off to Naschmarkt which is not far. Found a delightful Cafe on the way cafe Wortner - had to stop for coffee and cake! Market was great with lots of fresh fruit/vegetables, deli's, meat, fish and cafes of every type and country! Will have to go back to buy a few things!
    Quiet rest of the afternoon resting up for a
    busy evening.
    Went out about 6, and walked to the park near Karlsplatz for a small bite and a drink. Nice and mild to be out. Concert at AnneKirche - Mozart Chamber Quartet. Church and music were lovely. Finished just after 9, and we headed to Hotel Sacher for Supper. A great timecto go - no queue! (but as we were leaving crowds streaming out from Opera and elsewhere so timing was perfect!)
    Of course had to have the Sacher Torte - why else would you go there? (Tho I'm sure everything on the menu is fab) and lovely coffee with orange liqueur. A perfect way to finish the day!
    Read more