Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 12

    Amsterdam - day 1

    April 24, 2023 in the Netherlands ⋅ ☁️ 11 °C

    It’s hard work being a tourist. This am we went to check out the Albert Cuyp Market. It’s just down the street from where we are staying. Checking out antique stores, food stalls, souvenirs and market booths. Stroopwaffles, gluten free licorice and chunks of bbq chicken was enjoyed. It was rainy and grey but we enjoyed ourselves irregardless of the inconsistent spring weather. We came home and rested and snacked for an hour or so. Then we headed out for a walk to the Musuemsplein and Rijksmuseum garden. We ate gelato with GF cones. Then down to the Blomenmarket - a flower market along the canal. Sitting in the sunshine while Twyla ordered a bubble tea and watching the world go by. We took the a packed tram back (our first tram ride) back to our De Pijp neighbourhood. It’s close enough to the action of Amsterdam, but just far enough to escape. We walked again through the massive Albert Cuyp Market, stopping to buy some fruit and cheese as we headed home tired with sore feet. We made a fresh salad and nachos for dinner and we were happy to relax at home for the evening with some serious games of Crazy 8s.

    Walked - 11.98km
    Read more