Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 14

    Crossing more borders to Montenegro

    October 29, 2017 in Montenegro ⋅ ⛅ 15 °C

    It was a relaxing morning for a change! We had a lovely balcony so managed to get some sun before we spent the rest of the day travelling!

    We arrived at the “bus station” to get the bus over to Montenegro - the taxi driver just dropped us off at the side of the road so we had no idea where to go. After asking a few people and hotel receptionists, we were none the wiser. A fairly friendly looking guy offered us a lift for €30 which was slightly more than the non existent bus so we thought it was a good idea. We arrived at his old Mercedes (couldn’t be any other car in albania could it) and we were on our way! He was very chatty considering we didn’t understand what he was on about. I think he was mentioning the terrible traffic, corrupt police and something about busses... it was a quick journey across the border which was great but unfortunately we were faced with very bad traffic going into Podgorica which took forever. Thankfully our friendly driver had ran out of things to say!

    We spent most of the rest of the day looking into car rentals etc but explored a little in the evening. The city didn’t seem too exciting and I got a bit of a weird unfriendly vibe from the people. A cute little dog made our day though as he came around with us as we walked all around the city. We called him Jack and when we stopped in at a bar for a drink we lost him. Amazingly though he found us back at our hostel like 2 hours later! Adorable, wish we could keep him :)

    Another good thing about the city- we found a great little restaurant with amazing pizzas and pasta and live music! Although, it’s so strange that smoking is still allowed inside everywhere here- didn’t like that too much.

    Good news is we got a good deal for a car rental at only €37 a day and the guy dropped it off for us this evening so we’re all set for another road trip tomorrow morning! Yay!
    Read more