Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    Bela camping in Slovakia

    July 19, 2021 in Slovakia ⋅ ⛅ 16 °C

    Our way of sorting out where we sleep might seem naive. We almost never book anything in advance and pick a place based on where we got to that day.

    This is how we ended up at the Bela camping in Slovakia, and yes, it was bella.
    The reception was nice and cozy, the camping well maintained. There was a service house often enough so you didn't have to walk a long time to get to a kitchen or a bathroom.

    We picked a spot near a tree, with plenty of space around us to feel comfortable.

    This was the first camping of the trip where shower time was timed. A crime against humanity. At least against the side of humanity that enjoys long, warm, showers. Once you pressed the start button, a timer appeared and it looked like a bomb about to go off. There was no pause button. On top of this, water blasted out from a top shower head, so strong it felt like someone was trying to test water based laser on people. It really felt like it was you vs the shower, in a confrontation where violence was allowed. I stepped out the of shower feeling like someone kicked my ass out of it. We shared a laugh talking about it and discovered this wasn't nice for either of us.

    We took a long walk around the campground and went to sleep.
    The next morning we had tea and butter biscuits, such a treat!
    Read more