Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 17

    Trekking Day 1

    December 1, 2022 in Thailand ⋅ ☁️ 19 °C

    6:30 a.m. - I woke up and got the usual Ton breakfast. Two slices toast and a banana.

    7:30 a.m. - I got hooked up from the trekking company.

    9:30 a.m. - We drove outside the town into the jungle. On the way we made a small break for food and toilet.

    10 a.m. - We arrived in the jungle and started our two day trekking. San, our guide, Alexi the sportsman & another biology guy (forgot his name), both french, and I. On our trekking I saw once again elephants. Likewise told our guide that Thai man get randomly elected for military. They either pull a red card (military) or black card (no military). Furthermore I learned so many things about plants and their effects in the jungle. For example the „energie tree”. I don’t know exactly what he does but he is a little bit intoxicating.

    12:30 p.m. - We got our pre cooked lunch, fried rice with egg and pineapple, at a nice waterfall. After eating we took a refreshing swim and rested a bit.

    1:30 p.m. - We continued our trekking.

    2:30 p.m. - After 1h we got to another beautiful waterfall with a nice swing. So far on our way we met many other groups who did a one day trekking.

    2:45 p.m. - After leaving the second waterfall we got now into more remote territory. Because most of the people do a one day trekking so they just hike to the waterfall and back. We saw some wild koriander, lemon grass, mushrooms and many rice fields. Sadly we saw no snakes but many spiders.

    4 p.m. - We arrived in our camp for the night. It was really simple and nothing luxury but the view was amazing so I didn’t care. Not long after we arrived was a big thunderstorm and San told us the have no lightning protection.

    6 p.m. - I watched San prepare the dishes for dinner and had a little chat with him. Dinner as amazing. There was kind of a buffet with three different dishes.

    7 p.m. - Because of the bad weather we could not sit around a campfire so we played some “stick games”. We had a lot of fun although they were really tricky. Everyone went to bed early because we had an exhausting day and it was really cold.
    Read more