Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 37

    Railay

    December 21, 2022 in Thailand ⋅ ⛅ 24 °C

    8 a.m. - Early bells because today we went to Raily.

    10 a.m. - It took quite long until everyone got ready but we made it and we left to raily beach. Furthermore we met to other guys how joined our group today Tom and Brandon.

    11 a.m. - At first we wanted to visit a viewpoint and afterwards the blue lagoon. Unfortunately it turned out that it was a challenging climb and everyone was wearing flip flops. We still decided to do it but not everyone felt comfortable so they went to the beach instead. The climb up was quite okey but it was really muddy anyways the view was worth it. Afterwards we needed to climb down to the blue lagoon. A lot of people surrendered because it was real challenging. It was a bit like bouldering in real life without mats for a save landing. I enjoyed it because I love climbing and bouldering but it was also dangerous especially with our shoes. Furthermore the blue lagoon was gorgeous. You can not capture the beauty of this place in a picture. Basically it was a small lake surrounded by high rocks in the middle of nowhere absolutely stunning.

    1:30 p.m. - Everyone got dirty while climbing so we met the others at the Phra nang beach and cleaned our self.

    3 p.m. - We got really hungry at some point and search something for lunch. We went back to the center of Railay where all restaurants are and found something to eat. Railay reminded me a bit of Pai just with beaches and sea. There are so many hipster bars selling weed and a lot of mushroom shakes.

    4 p.m. - Afterwards we went to the famouse Railay beach and relaxed there. Honestly that beach isn’t that nice because there are so many longtail boats waiting for customers and you always hear the noise of the engine’s.

    7 p.m. - We went back to Krabi and got dinner. Afterwards we got ready for the night.

    10 p.m. - We went out to Ao Nang because it was our last night together as a group. Our hostel organized at that day a pub crawl there and we joined them without paying. It was my first time going out since I am traveling and it was a lot of fun.
    Read more