Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 59

    Penang

    January 12, 2023 in Malaysia ⋅ ☁️ 27 °C

    11:30 a.m. - It got late last night so we slept longer than usual. Dan and Hendrick already left to Thailand and the others to Ipoh. Lars and I got breakfast/lunch. Afterwards we chilled a bit because it was way to hot to to anything. So I informed me a bit about Indonesia which places, visa, weather etc.

    2:30 p.m. - Later we went for some fruit oat bowls for lunch. It was amazing to eat such kind of food again. Afterwards we went to the Kek Lok Si Temple. They already decorated it for the Chinese New Year and everywhere were a lot of lanterns. It looked really cool and there was a lot to explore because it was huge.

    5:30 p.m. - We got back and ate some good dumplings for a snack.

    6:30 p.m. - Afterwards we went back to the hostel to get ready for the evening and I informed me about different Universities and studies abroad.

    8 p.m. - We left for dinner and I tried Xin Chao a sandwich from Vietnam. Furthermore I got the amazing vegan chicken wrap again.

    9:30 p.m. - We met up with another girl from our hostel and went to a secret bar called Backdoor Bodega. You walk into a clothing store and then you get asked if you want to enter the bar and if you have a reservation. At the end of the store is a door where you enter the bar. You don’t hear any music out of it. It’s a really cool concept but the drinks where really expensive. So we went back to the hostel afterwards and chilled there for a bit.

    P.S.: The food in Penang is amazing.
    Read more