Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    To Murray Bridge

    June 22, 2019 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 15 °C

    So we thought we had been getting up reasonably early this trip, unfortunately Walker didn't think so and woke us up at 4am demanding to go outside. He is getting much better on this trip though. We had already planned on leaving early so we thought bugger it, we'd just get up and go and were on the road a little after 5am.

    We stopped for lunch at Port Augusta and found a good area to run Walker. He is still going strong...he is getting frustrated from being in the car for so long but still behaving! Especially with the long long days of driving (we are averaging around 9 hours of driving (plus stops) each day. I would probably do it again.

    We decided early in the morning to stick to the original plan and stay the night in Murray Bridge, that would leave us with 8.5 hours left to drive tomorrow. We ended up arriving around 3pm so we had time to relax and find a dog park.

    I would definitely recommend staying in Murray Bridge. We stopped at the Murray Bridge Central Olympic Motel. It isn't much to look at from the outside but it's very dog friendly, the rooms are comfortable and it is very close to town and the dog park.

    Takeaway Pizza tonight fo dinner...I got the Lamb Yiros pizza and it was bloody amazing!! It was basically a souvlaki on a pizza! Mmm
    Read more