Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    Gordes to Annecy France

    September 8, 2019 in France ⋅ ☀️ 57 °F

    Today was quite an adventure. First, our hotel was wonderful.
    Second, walking around Gordes was also wonderful.we got there before the crouds...found a close parking spot and shopped and had patisseries and watched people. As we were leaving, Kim could not find her cell phone, so we turned around and went back to where she remembered setting in on a bench...dropped Them off and tried to find a place to park. With "hope-against-hope" Linda began praying. As she finished, Linda looked up to see two smiling faces, they had the phone in hand. Short story, as Bruce was running to the spot, a Frenchman called to him, showing him Kim's phone. He said he recognized him from the picture on the phone. A miracle.
    On our way to Annecy, we were in a huge traffic jam on a major toll rd. It took us 4 hrs and a few minutes to go 18 kilometers. That put us into Annecy late, a little after 9 pm.
    We walked a short distance to parking and then to a restaurant where we had pizza, mussels and French fries.
    Tired, fed and looking forward to tomorrow, we retired for the evening.
    Read more