Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1,406

    Ballarat - Sovereign Hill

    February 8, 2023 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 14 °C

    We travelled back in time to experience the gold rush, see a town grow as more and more people settle there, learn how to make candy the old fashioned way, marvel at beautiful dresses and have a go at bowling. This is all made possible by an open air museum in Ballarat that takes you back to the old days, to the tents of the poorer men trying their luck on the gold fields, to the big gold mine, the houses and shops of the middle class, the big hotels and bars and the entertainment venues. All brought to life by dedicated and passionate people, some still practicing their trades the traditional way.

    Heute sind wir in die Zeit des Goldrausches zurück gereist. In Ballarat gibt es ein Freilichtmuseum, das mit vielen liebevollen Details das Leben zu jeder Zeit zeigt. Von den Zelten der Glücksritter, die sich den großen Fund auf den Goldfeldern erhoffen, zu den Behausungen und Geschäften der Mittelklasse, den großen Hotels, der Mine und all den Werkstätten, Bars und Vergnügungsstätten. Wir haben gelernt, wie man Süßigkeiten, Kerzen und Wagenräder herstellt und eine Menge über Gold erfahren.
    Read more