Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 5

    Casa Batlló

    July 8, 2023 in Spain ⋅ ☀️ 25 °C

    Casa Batlló is one of the most interesting, beautiful, and creative places of the trip so far. It was a great way to start our Gaudi's day. The exhibition was a mix of 2 digital experiences and an audioguide with AR complement using a tablet. The guide helped us understand the story and design elements of the house in a playful way (e.g., pointing the tablet to a window in the main hall would show a turtle to highlight the inspiration behind it). The tablet also allowed us to visualize how the different rooms looked like when the house was originally built and inhabited by the Batlló family and few residents.

    Each room was unique, and we could also experience some of the furniture designed by Gaudi for the house. Is a playful and gorgeous piece of architecture inspired by the sea, salamanders, rain, plants, and many other natural elements. It is a really unique experience, and there may be nothing else like it in the world.

    We got some orange juice and a coffee on the top of the building, and then we finished our tour and headed out to see other modernist buildings on the same block. Finally, we took a bus to Park Guell, where Gaudi created a unique public space while exploring how to alter known shapes and structures (like aqueducts and gardens) in unique ways.
    Read more