Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 15

    Beach time in Durban

    May 21, 2023 in South Africa ⋅ ☀️ 21 °C

    Back on the truck, we headed for Durban. We were too early to check in to our hotel there, so we were dropped off at uShaka Marine World, South Beach.

    We had four and a half hours before we had to be back at the vehicle. Mark and I went for a walk along the prom. It seemed like the world and his wife were out and about - speed walking, jogging 🏃‍♀️, cycling, rollerblading, and skateboarding! We joined the others in a waterfront bar for drinks. They were already on cocktails, but, at not yet 10am, I stuck to orange juice! After an hour or so, they left to go to the beach. We stayed so that I could catch up on my diary notes from days ago! Later, we ordered something to eat – chicken strips for me and prawns in a creamy sauce for Mark – and then met up with the others to go back to the truck.

    From South Beach, it was a 30-minute drive out of town to our hotel. This was the point when the first leg of our trip ended, so we said our goodbyes. Only us and Kristina are continuing on to Cape Town. We will also be joined by a German guy. So, there will be four passengers and three crew on the next leg of the trip! Loads of space on the truck! It was sad to say goodbye to everyone. We wished them all well with their onward journeys and promised to keep in touch.
    Read more