Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 77

    First night in Zambia

    July 22, 2023 in Zambia ⋅ ☀️ 21 °C

    From the supermarket, it was only a 20-minute drive to our campsite. We chose to camp as it is only for one night and the upgrades available were limited and expensive. We also thought we needed to put our tent up as we had put it away wet yesterday morning. It turned out, though, that the crew had put it up at last night’s site and dried it out, unbeknown to us! They always go above and beyond for us!

    The site was busy and noisy and it was already dark when we got there, but we put our tent up and passed the time until dinner was ready. We didn’t eat until gone 8pm, by which time I was past feeling hungry. However, Henry had made a delicious vegetable soup followed by spaghetti bolognaise and salad, so I ate a small portion of each 😂.

    After dinner, Laban spoke to the group to remind us all about the rules of group travel and the need for patience and respect. We had had a difficult travel day on the truck with one person dominating every conversation and invading everyone’s space. There had been an altercation between him and another member of the group, with him calling her some inappropriate names! It had spoiled the day for everyone. Laban addressed the issue, but I fear he wasn’t as direct he needed to be to get through to the culprit. Time will tell!!
    Read more