Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 118

    A visit to Lake Nakuru

    September 1, 2023 in Kenya ⋅ ⛅ 27 °C

    We then visited the lake where we saw:

    • Thousands of flamingos
    • Hundreds of pelicans
    • Herons
    • Egyptian geese
    • Cormorants

    From the lake, we exited the park. On our way out, we saw the mum and baby white rhino from earlier drinking. Omondi wasn’t prepared for us to stop to photograph them. He was in a rush to leave! We actually went through the gate at 3.50pm – hardly the full-day game drive we were promised!

    We drove straight to the hotel, arriving just before 5. We checked in and went to our room to do some posts before dinner. Staff had to go out to get beers for Mark, as there were none in the hotel! When they brought them back, they were warm. TIA!!

    Dinner was underwhelming. It was the ubiquitous ‘tough as old boots’ beef stew with potatoes and spinach, and watermelon slices for dessert. The potatoes were sauteed with onions and were delicious. They were the only good thing about the meal, but there weren’t enough of them to go round!

    Omondi joined us after we’d eaten to tell us that breakfast is at 8 tomorrow. We’ll leave at 8.30am, and I should get my US$105 (US$125 minus charges!) refund on Monday or Tuesday. We will see!!
    Read more