Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 119

    Return to Nairobi

    September 2, 2023 in Kenya ⋅ ⛅ 23 °C

    After a reasonable night’s sleep, breakfast this morning was toast, juice, sausages, eggs, and coffee. It was all OK and set us up for our return drive to Nairobi.

    It was a lovely sunny morning. We stopped for fuel and then again for Omondi to check out some plants for his home. They turned out to be too expensive. We stopped again, ostensibly for toilets, but we took advantage of the lovely food shops there to buy drinks and something for lunch later. We kept Omondi waiting for once!

    We retraced our route to Nairobi. It got cloudier as we approached the city. We saw a small march for action against climate change.

    We were happy to be back at the Best Western Hotel. We said a quick goodbye to Omondi. We tipped him, not because he had done a good job, but because we were concerned that we might need to contact him if our refund doesn’t come through!

    We spent the rest of the day sorting out laundry, doing posts, and editing photos. Mark watched the Spurs game live and was happy that they beat Burnley 5 – 2!! Later, we had dinner in the hotel restaurant.
    Read more