Satelit
Tampilkan pada peta
  • Hari 167

    Our first trip away in Bertha in 2024

    18 Maret, Inggris ⋅ ☁️ 11 °C

    After work on Monday 18th, we headed off in Bertha to Durham Grange Campsite for a three-night break. The weather forecast wasn't too good, but we were happy just to be off site.

    It was an hour and a half drive, so we were there and set up by 7pm, giving us time to prepare a meal and get our bearings before it got dark.

    It was the first time in Durham for both of us, so we were looking forward to exploring the city, and | was excited to see where Grandad Bramhald's family came from!

    We were up early on Tuesday morning to catch the bus into Durham. The site was great, with lovely clean facilities and a well-stocked tourist information office and book swap, but when it came to walking to the bus stop, we realised that the location wasn't ideal! We had to cross the slip roads coming off and going on the A1! It did feel a bit like taking our lives in our hands!

    However, we arrived unscathed and caught the bus. It was just a 10-minute ride into town. Our first stop was going to be at Crook Hall Gardens, owned by the National Trust. To get there, we walked along the river. The sun even managed to make an appearance!
    Baca selengkapnya