Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    Rome

    April 7, 2017 in Italy ⋅ ☀️ 18 °C

    Woke up at 5 -.-
    Packed our bags and headed for the airport. We nearly missed the train cause we didn't have the correct change for the automatic machines So we had to go to the teller - some dude in front of us took sooo long. He was having like a picture I.d made and laminated or something -.-
    Anyway, we ran for the train an made it. I said it before but I'll say it again - everyone is so damn miserable and rude. Not a single smile from anyone or really acknowledgment of my existence even when spoken to. We were 80% of the way there when suddenly the lights turned off and we were told to get off the train. A little confused we followed the instructions and waited on a platform with other confused people waiting for a new train. Still not sure why happened but eventually a new train came and we made it to the airport. We went searching for a place to store our luggage while we are in Italy. It was surprising easy to locate and the prices were reasonable - especially considering it was the only option so really, they could charge whatever they want.
    Because everything went smoothly we are now just having some breakfast before we need to board in a hour.

    So their airport security is atrocious. It was the same security as flying from Sydney to Brisbane only this flight was international :/ didn't even have my passport scanned and just walked straight off the plane.
    The plane ride was 2 hours and boring because we weren't seated together. I tried learning some Italian on my app :) la Mela is apple :)
    I'm Practically fluent.

    Ate at the cafe - yuck.
    Then caught a taxi to our Bnb which was expensive - 55€ I think but our hosts English wasn't the best so his instruction to us weren't very clear so we went with the safer option.
    His verbal English is much clearer - really nice man. He is trusting us with his house - he has gone to the country side for the weekend. Our room is awesome and Will is happy we have an ensuite.
    We went for a walk down the street for lunch. The flower shops on the side of the road are beautiful! We are staying really close to the Vatican so we saw its roof.
    The restaurant we ate in was a disappointment. We aren't doing well. They didn't have spaghetti bolognese so I thought I'd branch out my palette but the sauce they used tasted like tinned spagettio tomato sauce.
    We walked back to the hotel to have a nap ^.^
    Our nap ended up being a huggggeeee sleep.
    I slept from 3pm - 7am.
    Good times.
    Read more