Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 136

    London

    August 17, 2017 in England ⋅ ⛅ 18 °C

    So Jess' flight got cancelled. She is so annoyed because as her status says - she "now has to catch a morning plane with a wide awake freaking 1 year old" it has ruined her whole plan of having him sleep for the main chunk. They are flying business so i bet others are gonna be thrilled their $8000 seats are so loud hahah.
    Got up at 9 and left the hostel 🙌🏼🙌🏼
    We went down the street to try our luck at the place advertising English breakfast.
    It would have been better luck if if was shut again, it was horrid.
    We walked to the stations with our humongous bags and caught 2 trains to the nearest station to our Bnb. We told them we would be there 12-1 and it was about 10:45 :/ so we dordled the 1.5 km to the house.
    We were still reallly early so I manned the front door while Will went to the local store to pick up nappies because Jess is going to land late.
    He came back, the dude arrived and let us in. The apartment is cute.

    And from here the day was horrendous.
    2017 is fucked, like truly fucked.

    We got word that one of Wills close mates, Wilkie, has been in a car accident and isn't going to make it.
    First came the shock, then the tears. I gave Will space.
    He spoke to Tom and Sachin. The accident was on channel 7 news.
    The Silver lining? (if there is one) is he hit a pole so no one else is injured or responsible.
    We are still waiting to hear more.
    From what we understand - he is being switched off life support tomorrow.
    I just keep thinking of his girlfriend and mum.
    His dad died last year and he is an only child.
    I can't imagine their pain right now.

    Will eventually came and found me when he was ready.
    He has organised for Helen to send flowers.

    We didn't do much for the rest of the day but we did go get dinner. Indian, it wasn't the best but it was cheap.
    We bought a bottle of moscato and played the drinking game 'higher or lower' and tried to watch a movie but couldn't figure out the tv port thing.
    Will seems ok at the moment.

    Jess and Jaxon are now on the plane on their way woo!

    I got really close to a squirrel on the walk to the house lol it had something dead it's mouth or was carrying its babies, not sure.

    The internet here doesn't work 85% of the time and today is the worst day to not be able to updated/ stay in contact with people. 😪
    Read more